The older I get the more and more I realize that it is not just because of my age that makes me the person I am but my old school attitude.
This is also what is missing from young people today–they are NOT old school.
More and more or I should say less and less there is no one to teach the next generation how to BE old school.
What makes me old school? I think there are 10 traits that seal the deal on being truly old school–here they are:
- If you say you are going to do something, do it.
- Do everything with integrity.
- Always be early to where ever you need to be.
- Respect your elders.
- Say please, excuse me and thank you.
- If someone is paying you to do a job, don’t do your best do the best they are expecting of you.
- Adversity occurs to make us stronger, better, smarter.
- Honor your God and respect the God of others.
- Hard work always pays off.
- Always save some money for a rainy day.
So if you want to be old school or you want the next generation to be old school you have to teach them and lead by example.
I’m proud to be old school, and to be surrounded by old school people. Old school is what has been the fabric of our productive society–don’t let anyone take those ideas and values away from you!