When I was a young girl, I would go to day camp every summer at Horner Park. It was amazing.
Each day was filled with outdoor activities, crafts, sun and ice cream.
It never rained. At least I don’t remember every having a rainy day those summers.
I climbed crab apple trees and ate the sour crab apples right off the branches.
I swam and I played on a T-ball team and I rolled down a grass hill.
Here are the lessons I learned at Horner Park that are still important to remember today:
- Physical exercise is important for health and happiness.
- Being outdoors in the sun is good for the soul.
- Never skip the ice cream.
- Don’t forget to climb the trees in your life and eat the crab apples.
- Play as part of a team–teamwork is important.
- Never give up a chance to roll down the grass hill.
Time passes too quickly to forget the lessons we learned at the park. Life does not have to be complicated. Find the lessons and enjoy life.