Each morning when I prepare my cup of hot tea, I use the time as a moment of reflection.
Sometimes I think about the tasks to complete on that day or I review in my mind events from the previous day.
Many times I use this time to think about events in the past and how those events have influenced where we are now in life.
Everything has a correlation.
The little jolt of caffeine from my tea also helps my brain wake up and see the connections.
It is important to take stock of ourselves, our thoughts, our actions, our goals and dreams.
It’s like making a grocery list that we can check off and use to remind us of what we need and what we don’t.
If you have a hard time collecting your thoughts about the multitudes of things we are responsible for or would like to accomplish — using your tea (or coffee) time is the best place to start.
- Brew your favorite tea or coffee.
- Use cups you like to drink from-something that is uniquely you.
- Breathe deeply and relax.
- Focus on the warmth of your cup and let your mind wake up to your thoughts.
- Listen to what your mind is telling you.
- Practice directing your thoughts to the things you are grateful for.
- Allow your thoughts to flow freely but be conscious of when you need to redirect your reflection back to positive things about your past, present or future.
It does take a little practice to train your brain to direct itself to some positive reflection but over time you will find that it helps to order your day and your future goals.
The added benefit of a little caffeine gets your brain activated and firing on your synapses and can many times help you see things more clearly.
All from a few minutes over a lovely cup of tea.
Enjoy your day!