The new year is all about starting with a clean slate, setting goals for the year and looking forward to all the opportunities before us.
Soon though, all our good intentions go off by the wayside and we fall back into the same routines. Goals we were so excited about are pushed to the back burner to simmer for another 12 months.
Why does this happen?
I think it is because we get caught up in other people’s intentions and we lose focus on our own.
Or we want to reach too many goals too fast and when it becomes difficult we give in to the old ways.
But the power is always within us to reach any goal we want, if we go about it the right way.
The right way is different for everyone. So I am not going to pretend I have the magic formula for that.
What I will say is that each one of us should not give away the power of our intentions by spending all our time walking around our goals instead of moving directly to them.
Here are a few pointers:
- Set your goal and set a time frame to reach it.
- Break your goal down into manageable steps you will need to take to reach your goal.
- If your steps are too big break them down further. (Remember some steps may take several days, weeks or months to achieve!)
- Set a daily intention that will move you towards that 1st step.
- Once you accomplish your first milestone, set a daily intention that will move you towards that 2nd step and so on.
- Make sure your daily intention is always moving you forward towards the steps for your goal.
The last point is the most critical. If your daily intention is not moving you forward then why is that your intention?
Do not be afraid to succeed! This is your year of forward momentum–you just have to release the power of your intention!