The young people who are spending so much time involving themselves in politics without even understanding history, at first, made me laugh.
Now…not so much. Everyone is “speaking their truth”, as if their truth is more valid than the real truth. I’m not even sure they understand what truth is…
But I do know what my truth is. And here it is:
- Positive thinking is always stronger than negative thinking.Equal opportunity is much better than just giving everyone an equal outcome.
- Freedom and liberty means we can have differing views and still live together.
- Utopian societal ideas never work in reality.
- Coddled children grow up to be entitled adults.
- Working hard is the best way to an honest successful life.
- Nothing in this world is free.
Many people today have lost their way, or did not have a way to begin with. They are following the leader without question.
Who is this leader? The person with the loudest microphone drowning out the others.
Before you decide to “speak your truth” try first to understand what that truth really is for you. Study it, think about it, live it for a while and see if it works.
And if it doesn’t, change it–for yourself. Do not force it on others. Your truth may not be my truth, or the actual truth at all…that is why we live in a free country.