Ah Millennials…you have gone and done it again.
One of the things I have enjoyed the most of being in my 50s now in the Empty Nest is watching young people as they develop and expand and continue to surprise me on the wonderful things we can create in this world of ours.
And by the same token, one of the things I enjoy the least is watching young people waste their time, and often times mine, coming up with stupid ideas–or worse following the stupid ideas others have put in their heads–and believing they are doing something worthwhile.
Case in point, the Latinx Movement.
The Latinx Movement is a hugely popular and growing number of primarily college age and young adults that stand for….absolutely nothing.
Latinx is a gender neutral term that takes the place of the term Latino or Latina. It is meant to represent people of Latin American descent. It is meant to help politicize the ideas of this group without identifying each individual’s gender.
So basically, it is a bunch of young people of Latin American descent that want to be acknowledged as a separate social group and who are confused about their gender.
And what do they stand for? They strongly believe the rest of America should care about them and their confusion.
This would be hilarious if it weren’t so incredibly sad.
Here is what I say to those of you that are flying the Latinx flag.
- Understand that if you are an American Citizen, you are an American. You are not Latina, Latino, or Latinx.
- If you want to honor the culture of your ancestors from Latin America, by all means do so–by enjoying food, clothing, art, music, language and celebrations in your life, with people important to you.
- However, if you feel the rest of us must embrace your culture, your gender identity issues and your struggles with your self esteem, you are very mistaken.
- If you’re Latin American roots are so strong and so important to you that you do not want to be part of the American Culture, feel free to move to the country of your choice and request their citizenship status.
- Stop trying to reinvent the wheel by coming up with new words that do not mean anything. Use your time wisely and invent or do something real, something you can be proud of.
This world and especially this country offers us unlimited opportunities to do and create and enjoy and discover anything we can imagine. Why waste your precious time pursuing and being part of a movement that means nothing?
Don’t allow yourself to be a pawn of the far left inteligencia. Stand up and be yourself!