Recently many people have told me they are working on getting it together.
It’s a funny phrase. What are they getting together? And once ‘it’ is together what are they going to do with ‘it’?
I am assuming–because I haven’t really asked anyone–that by it they mean their lives.
I assume this because a few have told me I have ‘it’ together. I didn’t think they were talking about my hair.
Apparently many people seem to be working on getting their lives together because they feel they don’t have it together.
These are my thoughts on that:
- No one really has it together because life is ever changing.
- Just when you think everything is perfect and right, life will throw you a curveball.
- If you had everything in life together and you had no changes, you would be bored.
- It’s really about your attitude towards life and not your aptitude to get life together.
- Gratitude towards what is going right is better than worrying about what could go wrong.
So relax, enjoy all the parts of your together and not so together life.
When we are gone no one is going to remember us for how well we had it together but for how much we enjoyed life and those around us!